Nov 20, 2009

1 Timothy

In 1 Timothy 6:1, it is stated that we are to give honor to our masters so that the name of God and His doctrine is not blasphemed. If my boss is not a believer, how good of a witness am I if I am lazy at work? But if I work hard and always do the best I can, then my boss will be more interested in me and it will be easier to form a good relationship so that I can talk to him about spiritual things. Also, living out the faith as best as you can shows how much you actually believe and how serious you are about your faith. Even if your boss is a believer, it is quite an encouragement to have a fellow Christian working hard. I was a supervisor at a factory back home in Indiana for a year and half. In my experience, I was saddened and dismayed because the secular people were far better workers than the few Christians I had working for me. It's no wonder I had such a hard time convincing others to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment